Tradition dictates that I ponder some things to be grateful for in the year past. A (very) short list:
- +My children and their health.
- +My husband–his health restored.
- +My health.
- +My family, who love me.
- +My friends, whom I love.
- +My country. God Bless America.
- +My comfy bed…where I lay my head. I am thankful for every minute of sleep I get.
- +Coffee and the caffeine it contains, to keep me awake all the other minutes. Thanks, too, to my dear husband for bringing me my cuppa every morning.
- +Law & Order re-runs, priceless to me for their relaxing properties. A glass of good wine and an L&O is all it takes to put me in a good state of mind.
- +My writer’s group–inspirational and motivating.
- +My dogs. I bitch about them, but I love ’em.
- +Mascara. With enough mascara, I can convince anyone that I am awake when in actuality, I am walking around fully asleep.
This list is extremely, absurdly incomprehensive. There are somewhere around 3 gazillion other things I am grateful for this Thanksgiving. Alas:
Thank you, for reading this.